Friday, July 1, 2011

What Is the Best DSLR for Video? - Tips Before Buying a DSLR for Video

DSLR for Video?

Two years ago, I asked my good friend and fellow film-maker what camera I should buy to stay current in the low-budget film industry. He said that I should buy a Canon 7D, the best DSLR for video on the market. I had to stop and think for a moment as I thought the Canon 7D was a photography camera, not a DSLR for video. I laughed at him and said, "No one is going to take me seriously if I show up to a film set or wedding with a photography camera to film video." He said that he had already filmed 3 weddings with his and then he sent me to his website to look at the footage.

It opened my eyes to a whole new world of video production. I no longer cared about what I looked like holding a smaller camera. All I cared about was getting my hands on one of these Canon 7D cameras to produce videos that looked like his.

Shortly, after I began to realize that my buddy wasn't the only one catching on to this DSLR craze. Major publications started promoting the Canon 7D and major camera companies started manufacturing and selling accessories to accompany the Canon 7D. It almost felt like the entire film and video industry had just given birth to the next generation of film-making. I have a feeling that this generation will last a while.

Canon 7D

I do believe that the Canon 7D is the best DSLR for video. In fact, I think it is the best low-budget camera, in general, for video or film production. There are way too many features to mention in this article, but I will list some of the most beneficial features when applied to video.

-All new CMOS records Full HD (1080p) at 1,920 x 1,080 pixels with a 16:9 aspect ration (widescreen).

-720p and Standard Definition video are also available within this camera

-Wide range of choices when determining frame rates to help get the desired look

-Works with all EFS lenses

-Records as MOV files, using AVC/ H.264 compression (conserves more memory)

-Magnesium alloy case for durability and weather resistance

-Records on CF (Compact Flash) cards

-Internal microphone AND 1/8'' external microphone jack

The Bottom Line

If you are serious about jumping into the DSLR video world, then you will find that the Canon 7D will be used by the majority of professional film-makers and videographers alike. There is a reason for that and there is no need to be an exception. The Canon 7D has proved itself to be the best DSLR for video that money can buy. If you add a couple good lenses to the camera, you'll have yourself a set-up worthy of filming literally anything you want.

To see videos and learn more about the Canon 7D being the best DSLR for video, then visit CanonDSLRVideo.com. There are videos, reviews, and more that can help you make your mark in the DSLR video industry.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment