Sunday, June 26, 2011

Ever Wonder Why Movie Stars Are Generally Shorter? There is a Reason and You Should Know

As a young man, I once thought I might like to be a movie star, and so I went to Hollywood Film School, studied hard in acting classes (night school) and then graduated, and went to a few auditions. I soon found out I was a bit too tall in most cases. One of the best auditions I got called back to was for the "New Star Trek" - I had the looks they were looking for, clean-cut all American type to be the first mate, and was solid on the acting skills side, but when they put me next to the lead actor, I towered over him.

Over the years, I've often considered that would have been pretty awesome had I been accepted into the show, and it might've launched a movie career, who knows? But, I've done fine, as an entrepreneur, so I guess it really doesn't matter in the end. Nevertheless, over the years I've developed a theory about this, that is to say why many actors are shorter than other people, especially the stars.

You see, when you are just starting out as an actor, they won't hire you unless you are shorter than the lead characters. And when you are starting out, you are not going to get the lead necessarily. Therefore, to be an actor you have to be shorter than someone else (in most cases, there are exceptions), and then get some experience acting, until you are ready to play role in the lead part of the major movie. And then as soon as that happens, they need to find an actor who we shorter than you, to play in the movie, as to not cause them to overshadow you, the lead actor.

This causes over period of time the lead Hollywood actors to get shorter and shorter. Also, a woman who is to call may have trouble getting a lead part with an actor who is short. Therefore, the women too also get shorter, and more petite, isn't that an interesting theory that I've come up with over the years. Now then, this isn't the case all the time, sometimes there are leading actors who are tall, and therefore they need other tall actors to play in the same movies.

Indeed, if you've ever wondered why some actors always seem to play parts with other actors, it is because not just the fact that they work good together, although that is a contributing factor, but rather the reality that they are all the same size, and in the movie it just looks right when viewing it in this way. This is also something to consider if you were going to be a filmmaker, casting director, or involved intimately in the movie industry. Indeed I hope you will please consider all this and think on it.

Lance Winslow is a retired Founder of a Nationwide Franchise Chain, and now runs the Online Think Tank. Lance Winslow believes writing 23,777 articles by 7 PM on June 27, 2011 is going to be difficult because all the letters on his keyboard are now worn off now..


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment